In Love with Hana Yori Dango

The title sort of confused me when I first saw the Taiwanese version. Hana Yori Dango ka? Hmmm... What does it exactly mean? That was about 4 years ago. Now, I've watched the Japanese version and I have finally undesrtood why it was given such title...

It's very significant indeed ne...

Hana means flower right? Then yori means over (more than the other one). And dango means dumplings. In the drama, Makino said that Domyouji liked "hana yori dango"... he likes dumplings over flowers. And the whole drama was about that, a charming prince at the prime of his life falling for a commoner, someone who doesn't really look that good -- in other words, a girl that can't be considered as a flower.

I'm glad to have found out about it... Even though I know that this information is already (or has always been) lurking around the whole of cyberspace, I'm still glad to have understood it on my own.

I have fallen in love with the drama...

And I also like the movie. Even though it was a bit too action packed and it lost the sweet aspect of the drama, I think it was still about Domyouji's love for Makino.

The one who wrote the manga is a genius. The one who chose the actors for the drama is a genius.

Hana Yori Dango was indeed Jun's jackpot prize.

No comments: