Finally watched Maou Ep 1&2

Definitely loving the story!! Love the plot. Getting curious every minute. But makes me think, which do I like better? The way how the actors portray the role or how the story goes?

Realizing that it's because of the plot will somehow disappoint me. hehe. Because it's not an original concept already right? It's Korean drama remake after all.

If it's because of Toma and Ohno... haaaaay...

Maybe it's a combination of the two.

Toma's acting is great... really great. But maybe it's an established fact already.

Ohno's acting... I don't really know what to say. His acting grows on me. I think Ohno isn't the greatest actor in the world but his acting isn't the worst. I don't really know how to describe it. It's the first time I've seen him act. So I can't compare his acting now to his past works. I haven't seen his stageplays yet also.

There are scenes where Ohno's acting would make me feel awkward. He'd make me cringe. Especially scenes where he looks at something and smiles. I don't know if they instructed him to make it look fake but it really looks fake. Maybe because I've seen his genuine smile and his genuine laughter. In the drama, he can't seem to show those emotions without looking fake.

But there are moments where he's really great like the moments of silence! lol. When he isn't saying anything and he's blankly staring at something or someone, he's like pulling me towards him. He really looks like the devil and he scares the crap out of me! Maybe in this part, I can say he's doing great.

He portrays his role as lawyer pretty well too. I don't see a trace of baka Arashi in Naruse Ryo.

But despite of that, I still think Ohno deserves the role. And that he should do more dramas. There are a lot of room for improvement.

Ohno-kun!! Gambatte ne!!

- edit -
but wait!! there's more. Despite of not being wowed by Mr. Ohno here, I still squeal at the sight of his face. I love the drama coz it's his first. I love the acting because it's Ohno.

Maybe this is just my honest opinion. I don't wanna say he's great just because I love Arashi.As much as it hurts to hear something like this, it's also hard to say it since I'm a fan. But I just want to give my honest opinion.

- edit again -
That's just me dazed and very confused. Ohno's actually great. Now that we're on the third episode, I think he's a good actor. Dang. Why didn't I see that immediately? Might be because it's new to me. He actually gives me goosebumps. I don't know who Ohno is anymore. All I know is Naruse Ryo...

No comments: